Photo via: remarkablydomestic.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- DIY antique mercury glass: For my sisters wedding I did the same thing to about 20 huge vases. The problem with that was trying to not have drips (of the vinegar water or the paint) when it wasnt a flat surface. I also found about halfway through that dripping the water on was much better than the spray bottle, and wiping after the paint had dried created the look I had wanted from the beginning. I never thought to spray the back black though, thats really smart.
- Recently I made an American Indians dreamcatcher, which also called the Ojibwe dreamcatcher. According to the Ojibwe tribes ancient legend, there was this Spider Woman, known as Asibikaashi. She took care of the children and the people on the land. Eventually, the Ojibwe Nation spread to the corners of North America and it became difficult for Asibikaashi to reach all the children. So the mothers and grandmothers would weave magical webs for the children, using willow hoops and sinew…
- Wood Wall Art – Wooden Mountain Range Art Made to Order or customize this look: This artwork is made up of upcycled wood scraps. Wood was trimmed to size and stained with traditional and hand made stains. The piece features two mountain ranges that stand out from each other based on their color and both mountain ranges also come backlit with micro LEDs. Roughly 25X43 I currently only have one in stock and am working on two more pieces that will be done for Christmas. The next pieces will be…
- Old picture frame secured on top of coffee table, painted same shade. Love this idea. I cant currently have a coffee table because my 1 year old daughter doesnt look in front of her when walking… but someday when I can have furniture in places other than up against the wall, this would be a very creative and fun thing to do.
- Learn how to make a gathered ruffle for your next sewing project with this detailed video tutorial, which makes this a popular pin!
- I’ve been so excited to share this tutorial since I shared on INSTAGRAM (@craftykirsten) that I was making a whole host of these with my kids. My 6-year old can weave these, and they are EASY & FUN. If you ask me, it’s the perfect thing to do during this little bit of summer that’s …
- If happen to have been on the internet at all recently, you’ve probably noticed that bath bombs–those effervescent balls of color and perfume that your whole bath a certain color when you put them in–are having a bit of a moment. There’s the resurgence of the (excellent) bath bomb meme. The always-satisfying bathbomb tag on Instagram, which seems to get new videos added to it every second.
- Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for a sneak peek into my recent projects! Now that my kitchen backsplash is up it’s time to start putting some finishing touches on the place. Farmhouse accents are all the rage right now (thanks Chip and Jojo!) so today I thought I would share with you some of my …
- DIY Cardboard Gingerbread house for a playhouse during the Christmas season! This is WAY TOO CUTE and such a fantastic idea. I cant believe how adorable this is and why I have never thought of something like this before. I am so making this life-size gingerbread house – what kid wouldnt want a life sized playhouse for the Christmas season? I love cardboard projects because there are a lot of fun ideas out there on out to reuse cardboard. This one is one of my favorites!
- Have you ever thought to use the metal legs from those old plastic bucket chairs and repurpose them into a unique side table? This gal did! ambientwares.com
- How to Make a DIY Window Privacy Screen. Materials needed: wood for frame, tape measure to measure windows, sheer fabric, hot glue or spray adhesive. No screws, nails, or hardware to attach it! Moves up and down and held in place when wedged into the window. Get tutorial and video on the blog. Thrift Diving
- As you might already know from my last DIY wall art project, I tend towards a modern style. I also kind of have a thing for geometry. While we dont always have the same home decor preferences, I think an overall modern style is one thing that my husband, Dave, and I actually… canvaspainting