Photo via: sublime-decor.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- this old window frame topped by a shelf would be great to frame a quilt scrap or black and white family photos
- This vintage sign is perfect for your shabby chic home. The text is all hand painted onto 3 horizontal strips of wood. The background is a distressed white color and the font is black. The frame is attached to the wood and is a distressed dark grey color. The sign measures 34 long, 18.5 tall, and 1 thick. The sign comes ready to hang.
- EASY ROOM DECORATION!! diy roomdecor dormroom It was so easy to make these letters! Just choose the word you want to do (a name would also work!) and buy cheap wooden letters. It took about 7-10 pics to cover each letter. I chose to do all black and white pics, its gives it a neater look! Once all the pics are collages on the letters, add 2 coats of modpodge and voila, youre done! So cute and easy for any room!
- 8-foot giant squid pillow. You’ll need: • 2 yards of felt • 1 yard of patterned fabric (I suggest a polka dot-type pattern so it looks like suction cups) • 1 medium piece of black felt, 1 medium piece…
- DIY antique mercury glass: For my sisters wedding I did the same thing to about 20 huge vases. The problem with that was trying to not have drips (of the vinegar water or the paint) when it wasnt a flat surface. I also found about halfway through that dripping the water on was much better than the spray bottle, and wiping after the paint had dried created the look I had wanted from the beginning. I never thought to spray the back black though, thats really smart.
- How to make a Barn Wood effect. Start with new wood. Then with the paintbrush, paint a layer of water and then a layer of stain and rub it off quickly with a rag to get that gray color. The water keeps the stain from getting too far in the wood so it’ll be gray not black.
- Image transfer to wood – *Gel Medium – I found it at Michael’s with the artist acrylic and oil paints – not with the craft acrylic paints. (Mod Podge photo transfer stuff is not transparent, leaves white background, so don’t use it on wood unless you want a white background.) *Mod Podge. *Brush. *Image – mirror image on regular paper. *Piece of wood, cut to the size you want. *Sponge & water
- Art Now you could buy an old chandelier that has the crystals on it and replace them with cutlery…great recycle diy
- 5 Plants that Help Repel Mosquitoes Naturally – Love spending time in your yard during the summer but feel like youre a buffet for mosquitoes? See these 5 plants that help repel mosquitoes naturally!
- How to Make a Buried Witch Topiary. Love the simplicity; buy plastic feet/ankles; Use the pool noodle idea as legs, in addition to the stick and build from there. B.IMe
- Introduce some West Elm style into your décor for a fraction of the price (55% off!) with this DIY craft project. In just a few minutes you’ll have a custom Catch All Tray that looks like a romantic love letter with this easy Sharpie Plate Tutorial.
- Do you have a clock that youre not too fond of, but you dont want to thrown it out? Check out this tutorial on how to use an old clock to make your very own wood slice clock for a beautiful addition to your home!